SEO or search engine optimization is the process of improving or increase the quality and quantity of traffic to your website via search engine organic result listings. This means that the higher your site ranks on the organic search results, the more traffic you will get from search engines.
Out of all search engines, Google has the biggest market share. This explains why many webmasters and business owners want their websites to rank high on Google. To achieve high rankings on Google is not impossible – you just need to know how to optimize your website. In this article, let me share with you some tips to achieve high rankings on Google through SEO.
1. Optimize your websites for short and long tail keywords. If you are offering cleaning services in Chicago, you may want to optimize keywords like “cleaning services Chicago” and “office cleaning Chicago”. This will attract the right people to visit your website and increase your conversion rate. Google optimization is all about relevancy. So just make sure that the keywords you optimize is relevant to the content of your website.
2. Purchase a domain name early. The age of your domain name plays an important role when it comes to Google optimization. The longer the domain name has been around, the more Google is going to like you. So choose a domain name properly to ensure you don’t change it after a year. If not, all the optimization effort will go down the drains.
3. Make sure that your website is search engine friendly. Don’t use frames or flash to build your website. Go for simple HTML or PHP sites with cleaning coding. If your website has a lot of pages, make sure you include a sitemap.xml so that GoogleBot can index all pages on your website.
4. Place important keywords within your content and your Title tag. It is extremely important to place important keywords in Title tag. The Title tag is like the Title of a book. If you come across a book without a proper title, you will not understand what it is about. This is the same for search engines. If you want Google to index your site and rank it high for important keywords, you must first ensure that Google knows what your site is about. You can do it by writing proper titles for every page of your website.
5. Build links. It is important to get other sites to link back to your website if you want to achieve high rankings on Google. With more back links, Google will see your site as popular and reward you with high rankings. Some of ways to get back links are article submission, directory submission, social book marking, commenting on blogs and forum posting.